Angelina Jolie So Honorary Citizen of Sarajevo


Angelina Jolie says the experience changed her life in Sarajevo.

Angelina Jolie became an honorary citizen of Sarajevo in the film festival in the city. This degree is awarded in honor of his film about the war in Bosnia in 1992-1995.

In his directorial debut, the film 'In the Land of Blood and Honey', picked up the story of the Bosnian Muslim woman who falls in love with the Bosnian Serb men during the war.

"This title means a lot to me. My heart is in this town," Jolie said in tears upon delivery of the award title.

He said the experience in making films that profoundly changed his life.

"The time I spent here and the people I met in Bosnia has changed me forever," he said.

"It's hard to say how much the meaning of honorary citizen of Sarajevo, a city so close to my heart," he added.